- Course Requests for the 2018-2019 Open TODAY!
Online Course Selection opens today at 3:00 pm. Students must login to Skyward to enter the classes they would like to take for the 2018-2019 school year by February 23rd at 3:00pm. Students should select fifteen (15) total classes, which will add up to 7.5 credits or 6.5 for students taking LDS seminary. Please remember to sign up for A, B, and/or C parts of classes as needed. Detailed information is available at bhscounseling.org under the registration tab. If you have questions or need help entering course selections, counselors will be available February 21st at 2:30pm -4:00pm in the BHS Media Center.
Incoming Freshman/Class of 2022, please come to our Bengal Fair on Monday February 12th in the BHS Auditorium.
Open House @ 6:00pm: Learn about some of the opportunities to get involved in at BHS. Teachers from each department will be available to answer questions.
Presentation @ 7:00pm: Review course selection materials. Discuss graduation requirements and course offerings. Review the steps to select courses and set up your schedule for next year. **For more information visit: http://www.bhscounseling.org/courseselection
BHS Students can enter to win a chance for a prize & show your amazing self in the Love Your #Selfie Contest! Winners will be randomly selected from a drawing. Challenge is open from February 14th 6:00 am until February 20th 6:00pm. Winners will be notified on February 21st. To enter: 1) Send a text message to the number 81010. In the body of your text write @selfiebhs. If you don’t have access to text messaging come to the counseling office to enter. 2) You will then receive a welcome message from a new number. 3) Reply to the
welcome message with a selfie and one comment about how you love yourself (think about your abilities, skills, talents, strengths, things you do well etc….)
- The ACT Test is coming up on February 27th from 7am to 12pm for all 11th Graders/Class of 2019. 9th, 10th, and 12th grades will have an adjusted/late start schedule. Lunch will begin at 12:30pm. From 1:00pm to 2:25pm, teachers will be available for consultation. If your student needs extra help in any of their classes, this would be a great time to meet with teachers.
**ACT Make-Up is scheduled for Tuesday, March 20th
- If your student has an NG this trimester because of attendance, please encourage them to attend BHS Time on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday mornings from 7:00am to7:45am. 45 minutes makes up 1 (one) absence or 3 (three) tardies. The time needs to be made up with the teacher where the NG occurred. For past U’s from any year, students need to meet with their assistant principal to develop a plan for make-up. If your student is a senior with past U’s, we need to start working on this as soon as possible if they want to walk in our graduation ceremony. Assistant principals are always available to help.
- AP Exam Registration Deadlines: Attention Students & Parents Enrolled in APCourses. For 2018, students at Brighton High need to register for AP exams online. Please see the attached letter for registration info or
- visit http://www.bhscounseling.org/advanced-placement. Registration is now open through Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 11:59PM, and will continue through Wednesday, March 7th with a late fee.
February is CTE Month. Click Here to view the CTE Calendar for February Click here to view the NHS Leukemia Society Link and donate today!NHS Leukemia Society Link and donate today!